Anyhoo, the recipe I used for the brigadeiros (a Brazilian children's treat) came from one of the best food blogs out there, Smitten Kitchen. NOW don't go leaving me due to the fact that her blog is awesome! I'll get there soon enough...
Ehem... I did change the cooking temps and times a bit and used different toppings, so I'll list it below for you to see. These are very rich and gooey, and should be enjoyed slowly. Mmmm.
- 1 C sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 C unsweetened coconut milk (I used a canned organic one that was very thick)
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter (can used salted to give them contrast)
- 2 tsp light corn syrup
- 1/3 C unsweetened finely shredded coconut (you can toast, but I liked it without the crunch)
- 1/3 C coarse ground almonds (grind whole ones in food processor)
- 1/4 C cocoa powder
- 1/3 C chocolate or crunchy pearl sprinkles (optional)
- Mini paper muffin cups (optional)