Follow me as I dive into the world that is cooking! There will be mishaps, burns and feasts as you watch my progression from college-student fare (pizza rolls and ramen noodles) to (hopefully) goddess of the hearth! I am always open to new recipes and ideas, so feel free to contact me.

July 22, 2011

Blueberry-Pineapple Smoothie

As stated before, I am indeed a breakfast-loving woman.  I also am a huge fan of smoothies.  I've been reading more and more lately how important it is to incorporate raw fruits and veggies into our diets to get them there vitamins.  So I gave this smoothie from Better Homes and Gardens a shot and it was quite tasty!  I used coconut  milk in place of the yogurt since I'm a bit sensitive to dairy, but it was still awesome.  This is also a great way to get rid of that extra spinach that always seems to linger in the back of your fridge...
(photo not by me)

Blueberry-Pineapple Smoothie
Takes: 5 min
Makes: 2 servings
You Need: (make at least 2 items frozen if you can!)

  • 2 C fresh baby spinach, big stems removed
  • 1 C fresh or frozen blueberries
  • 1 fresh or frozen banana
  • 1/2 C vanilla yogurt or coconut milk
  • 1/4 C chopped pineapple
  • 1/4 C frozen dark sweet cherries, pitted
  • 1/4 C orange juice
1. BLEND well.  Garnish with extra blueberries and pineapple.

No comments:

Post a Comment