This is a recipe that I had found online randomly and Jhet and I made it and re-made it until we loved it. Now he eats it straight out of the bowl and I have to fight him for at least two servings! Curried chicken salad has become a lunchtime (and dinnertime on occasion) favorite in this house, so I thought I would share our awesome recipe with you.
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that Jhet loves to make it with me. He is our official taste-tester, always adding more curry when necessary. It does take a little bit of labor (shredding apples, dicing grapes, etc.), so we have split the work in two. No worries if you are flyin' solo on this recipe though! It's really not that difficult. I'm just kind of lazy.
Curried Chicken Salad
- 2 chicken breast halves, cooked and cooled or 1/2 of a whole cooked chicken, shredded or chopped
- 1-2 stalks finely chopped celery (about 1/4 cup)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbsp quartered seedless red grapes
- 1 Granny Smith apple, shredded (I use a cheese grater)
- 5-7 Tbsp real mayonnaise
- 2 tsp curry powder (I use more, but this is a good place to start)
- salt and pepper
Serve in bread as a sandwich or atop some greens!