We suffered for another day or so, but felt so much better after a good dose of chicken stock, vegetables and comfort. Even the dog got sick this winter. Not kidding.
This can be a flexible recipe, so feel free to add in some ginger or whatever your heart so desires. I think I put a little too much wine in there, so I reduced the amount of alcohol. You can also use egg white noodles in place of the rice. Whatever you decide to use, the end result is a classic pick-me-up soup for those under the weather, or those enjoying the cold climate!
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, coarse chopped
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp chicken granules or 1 small chicken bouillon cube and then some
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/3 C dry white wine
- 6 C low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 C shredded cooked chicken ( I used a rotisserie)
- 2 med. carrots, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 4 servings cooked rice of your choice or 2 oz. egg noodles
- 1 Tbsp. roasted garlic and then some
- 1/4 C flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Black pepper to taste