Follow me as I dive into the world that is cooking! There will be mishaps, burns and feasts as you watch my progression from college-student fare (pizza rolls and ramen noodles) to (hopefully) goddess of the hearth! I am always open to new recipes and ideas, so feel free to contact me.

July 22, 2011

Holy Moley, Guacamole!


Guacamole is what got me eating avocados, but only when it’s done “right” in my book!  Here’s how I normally roll:
  • 2 avocados, sliced, peeled and seed removed
  • dash of olive oil
  • juice of 1/2 a lime
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • garlic powder (be generous!)
  • onion powder (optional)
Mash the avocados with a fork until you have the consistency you like.  Add olive oil and lime and mix.  Season to taste.

*Some people add tomatoes (blek.), onions (ick), etc. but I enjoy it without, plain and simple, especially if you are using it in the Turkey Burger recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment